I thought an entry was long overdue. so here goes.
Nothing to excitting has been going on, there was a team here from BC for a week and they did some VBS and worked a little with kids outside the walls. I never realized how much new people effect these kids. They get attached and spoilt and then are crushed when they leave. Made me want to cry because it will be hard for me to leave them. I really am looking forward to coming home, its just leaving these kids that makes me need to stay.
Oh and i guess some new news would be that Shannon left early. Her parents were uneasy with the kiddnappings and she opted to head out with the team just this morning.
Oh!!! and Paina's family came and left. Her two older brother (Tyler and Justin) and her mom and dad (Helen and George) came to get her. I was amazed at how quickly she warmed up to her mom. The guys of the family is another story, but that will come in time. Anywho, her leaving brought tears and the realization that soon alot more kids will be leaving too.
Come christmas Moise, David, Joanna, Shelinsky, Eddy, will all be gone. Not to mention Bedza and Samuel will be leaving this week. its crazy.
Also today was the kids' big end of school concert program thing. The sang a bunch of songs, recited some math and stuff they learnt in school and got presents! It felt like a gongshow to me but the kids really enjoyed themselves. The even got cake and ice cream at the end, which the toddlers enjoyed wearing! I'm putting a couple pictures up from today's party and maybe you'll see what i mean... haha.
I guess alot new has happened. it just seems like everyday life to me! And its all going by so fast, i'll be home in no time!
anywho i need to get to bed. its laundry day tomorrow and today was extra long.
I love and miss you all lots and will be home in 19 or so days!
2 comments:
I'm glad to see pictures of you too Sweetie. It Looks BUSY!
We have to be glad that the children are leaving the home right? That means that they are wanted by a family that will love them and raise them.
Mom
The concert was last night... dad is going to try to send you some of it. Remember that Mack took the video. Jamy looked and played beautifully- even though she had been sick all over her Bio test and Mr. Callihoo's desk yesterday morning. Mr. Callihoo cleaned up I guess... The whole school knew by the afternoon and were asking how she was feeling. Mrs. K. called her a "Good Girl" and that it was impossible to find any "dirt" on her to talk about at the concert. The BBQ is tomorrow and then I will have a week off- with nothing. I am pretty pooped! Puffy is not the word.
I am going to go rest now before the band boosters gets here to 'prep' for tomorrows BBQ. \
I love you lots- can't wait for you to get home.
Mom
Post a Comment