Monday, June 16, 2008

going, going, GONE.

So this is my last post from Haiti Children's Home. I've kissed my goodnites and said my goodbyes and will be catching the old grey truck to Port at 4:3o am Haitian time tomorrow which actually means I will be leaving the yard at 5am or later. Haitians are notoriously late!
It was hard but I managed to keep my eyes dry for the most part of the day.
It was untill I was sitting downstairs and Joanna was finishing up her prayer, "Help her on the plane and get to her home good. and come visiting me in my home." I felt blessed to get to know all these kids. Even tonight David prayed, "please help Anna find her suitcase..."
I dont know what exactly to write. Or how to explain how I feel about leaving.
Mixed feelings doesnt really explain it. I feel like my being here was selfish. Because when I look back at my short three months here, I realize I probably got more out of it then I gave into it. Like the kids just allowed me to come into their lives, watch and observe them, then leave. Am I making any sense?
I will miss being swarmed when i come down stairs, "Anna! Anna!"
I will miss having rice and beans and chicken (or goat)
I will miss the toddlers drool
I will miss the awkward conversation over the dinner table
I will miss the abundance of kisses
I will miss mixing english and creole and people still understanding me
I will miss yelling "Shitta!"
I will miss Lori and Minnie
I will miss Thursday's laundry day
I will miss going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and being handed a baby to feed.
I will miss everything.
But mostly I will miss the Kids.
And I pray God will bless them with families that will love them until no end. Just like i tried to do while i was here.
So yea. I guess I owe a huge thank you to the kids.

Thank you:
Andre
Jean-Diny
Amanda
Derson
Jenny
Ketteline
James
Chris-nelson
David
Moise
Joanna
Eddy
Robentzson
Naika
Shelentsky
Gerald
Golson
Daniel
Josef
Conleigh
Julie
Berto
Danae
Lineda
Jamesky
Evan
Levi
Viens
Isaiah
Samuel
Ester.

Thank you for letting me into your hearts while i was here.
I will keep praying for you.
That God keeps growing in your hearts and that you will continue to be a light for him.
I love you all soo much.
Muah!

No comments: